As a copy editor, I have seen my fair share of leave and licence agreement drafts. These documents are essential when it comes to renting out a property to a tenant. A leave and licence agreement is a legal document that outlines the terms of the rental agreement between the landlord and the tenant. It is imperative that a leave and licence agreement draft is written effectively to protect both parties from legal disputes that may arise in the future.
Here are some essential points that should be included in a leave and licence agreement draft:
1. Parties involved: The leave and licence agreement must clearly state the parties involved in the rental agreement. It should mention the name of the landlord as well as the tenant.
2. Property details: The agreement must include the complete address of the property that is being rented out. It is a good practice to add a detailed description of the property in the agreement, including the number of rooms, bathrooms, and amenities.
3. Rent and deposit: The agreement must mention the amount of rent that the tenant is required to pay each month. It should also include the security deposit amount that the tenant needs to pay before moving in.
4. Duration of the agreement: The leave and licence agreement must specify the duration of the rental agreement. It should state when the agreement starts and when it ends.
5. Maintenance responsibilities: The agreement should outline the maintenance responsibilities of both the landlord and the tenant. It must state who will be responsible for the upkeep of the property and repairs.
6. Termination clause: The agreement must include the circumstances under which the rental agreement can be terminated. It should also mention the notice period that needs to be provided by either party before terminating the agreement.
7. Pets and subletting: The agreement should clearly state whether the tenant is allowed to keep pets on the property or sublet the property.
8. Miscellaneous provisions: The leave and licence agreement draft should also include other miscellaneous provisions such as the landlord`s right of entry, insurance requirements, and disputes resolution clause.
In conclusion, a good leave and licence agreement draft should be comprehensive and clear. It should cover all the important details of the rental agreement to avoid any legal disputes in the future. As a professional, I recommend that the agreement be written in clear and concise language, and it should be optimized for search engines to make it easier to find online.